We are broken hearted to announce that because of the uncertainty of health and travel due to Covid 19, we are canceling our June 2020 onsite Cincinnati, Ohio teacher training. This prudent but sorrowful decision was not an easy one to make.
Educators from every corner of our country had registered. This is such great news in knowing that Theology of the Body and ROOTED Curriculum is reaching parishes, schools and families in dioceses across the globe. The wind of the Holy Spirit has been strong! Just as we are directed to say in the Divine mercy, “Jesus, I trust in you.” We lean on this prayer heavily right now. Our prayer and hope is for this virus to go away and for a great healing to begin. Our prayers are not just for a healthy virus-free world, but a world that turns back to the Divine Healer in body and soul.
In this disappointment, we will watch what happens with Covid 19 and hope that we can offer regional trainings in the fall and even a smaller scale training on-site at Ruah Woods this fall and winter. Please pay attention to emails and social media for notices about our plans for this. Subscribe here:
Newsletter sign up
Through the mercy of God and confidence in prayer, we shall all be together in summer of 2021.
Some good news to share in spite of this disappointment:
- Join our newly developed TOB Teacher’s Toolbox for free for lesson plans, videos, practicums, to learn TOB and become a TOB Campus Ambassador.
- On a Mission to Love rosary meditations book for children and families is being published in Spanish this summer 2020.
- The On a Mission to Love rosary app has been updated and is an outstanding gift for praying the rosary alone, as a community or a family along with the book.
- There is a price break on ROOTED: K-5 Curriculum until April 30. The price increases by nine dollars a grade on May 1, but if you order now on-line by choosing the pay by check option, you can defer payment until later. This will guarantee the current price.
- Ruah Woods Press will be working on offering outstanding webinars this summer. We will communicate through emails and social media as we make these announcements.
- View a PDF of some additional suggested resources in your pursuit of the truth in the current educational crisis.
Please contact Laura Strietmann via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 513-407-8672 or via our contact form for information on offering a custom zoom webinar for your staff or parents. At this point, we will be working to be as flexible and as much of a gift to educators as we can be.
Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us! Pope St. John Paul II, pray for us!
2 Days to Helpfulness with Awareness, Understanding and Love in Cincinnati, Ohio! Summer 2021 Dates TBD.
Teachers, DRE’s, catechists, youth ministers, diocesan offices, parents and administrators will be given the tools they need to better understand young people experiencing Gender and Sexual Identity concerns by applying St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body.
What should an educator or administrator say and do when a student
experiencing confusion regarding their sexual identity requests
accommodations? Your genuine helpfulness begins with
knowing the language and the shape of the issue. Join us
as we traverse together this shifting terrain to gain a
greater background and understanding of sexual and gender
identity situations. Your guides (including Dr Janet Smith & Dr Paul Hruz) in this journey will provide you with
a comprehensive view from these perspectives…
You will leave with the foundations for adequately
responding as an educator in a Catholic school where
charity and truth do not have to be at odds. (Daily mass included).
*ROOTED IN ST. JPII’s ANTHROPOLOGICAL AND MORAL TEACHINGS*
WHAT PAST ATTENDEES HAVE SAID…
“It should be required for all who deal with kids.”
“Pastoral approach was perfect.”
“The talks that were from a clinical point of view were helpful. I knew the anthropology but knowing this issue from a practitioner point of view was helpful.”
“Overall a great 2 days — professional and well organized. Thank you to the kind staff!”
Sign up for our newsletter, and we'll send you news and updates on theology of the body and much more!